Friday, April 10, 2009

Update on my embroidery machine.

In the previous post, I mentioned that I have a Janome MemoryCraft 300. Ever since I bought it (used, about 15 months ago) I have had nothing but problems with it. Designs stitch out ok, but lettering has always been terrible. I even went so far as to have a wonderful PR member (you know who you are!) stitch out something of mine on her machine. The design and lettering stitched out fine on her machine, so I took the machine to the dealer to have it serviced. The dealer said they 'fixed' the tension and it works fine. So at this point, I convinced myself that it was my hooping technique that has prevented me from getting a good stitchout.

On Wednesday, I had a appointment with a lady at the dealer for her to help me learn to hoop. Needless to say, she called in sick, but I was pretty adament with the dealer that I needed help. So, they told me to come in at my scheduled appointment time anyway, and that someone should be able to help me then.

I get to the dealer, and the person who was going to help me is the guy who does the repairs. I explain to him what's been going on and show him a few samples of my crappy lettering. He starts poking around and realizes something might be wrong. In the meantime, I head down the street to take my car in for a fuel filter and tire rotation. Only to get a call from them 30 minutes later telling me I need brakes and rotors and that they can get them on my truck for under $500. I told him he can just put my tires back on the truck -- whole other rant. Sorry to go off on a tanget!

Anyway, I get back to the dealer and I sit around there for about an hour. The dealer decided that he's going to have to keep it and talk to Janome about it. I came home and thought about that for a while. You know, the whole point of this story is that I am so disappointed in this machine that it's not even funny. When I bought it, I was so excited, and I had so many plans, only for them to not work out. A few hours after I got home, I called the dealer back and asked what kind of price I could get for a MC350 with the trade in. He was like "Oh, we'll get this machine working, blah, blah, blah..." He just doesn't want to take this one back, because it's a piece of shit.

Oh well, we'll see how this plays out. Sorry for being such a whineass, but this just bugs me. I'll stop ranting now.

No comments: