Tuesday, April 21, 2009

McCalls 5612



Here is the current project. It's a top pattern for my 4 year old DD. The finished garment is kind of making me go 'hmmmm'. The top, for the most part looks really cute, except for one major drawback: The gathering in the front makes my kid look like she has boobs. Uh, she's 4. As far as I can tell, I didn't actaully do anyting wrong to cause this. I also don't know how to fix it. The best I could do is perhaps try and take it in a bit at the center front seam, but since the neck opening has been finished with a binding, it's unlikely that will happen anytime soon. I'll probably just have to toss it and start over paying closer attention to the CF seam.

Oh, and I would also like to point out that this pattern uses the wonderful elastic gadge pattern piece. (See bitchy post a few posts down). What a bunch of crap!

Some good news is that I got my embroidery machine back a few days ago! YAY! I did a quick stitchout of a design that I had problems with before I took the machine in. It did stitch out a lot better, but I wouldn't say it was perfect. I have the weekend off, I think I may give it a few good tests, and see how things stich out. What I really want to do is trade it in for a new model. How cool would that be?

No comments: