Tuesday, May 26, 2009

I have a diaper! Jalie 2907



Well, I have ONE fitted diaper! One! I'm on a roll now! This pattern is really fast to make and you can assembly line them. Right now I have about 6 diapers cut and ready to go, and I have the soaker pads serged. Now I just have to finish the assembly.

This particular pattern calls for velcro, but honestly, I don't really like velcro, so I used snaps (applied with my new pliers, more on that below). I am under the impression though that snaps on fitted diapers aren't the best idea. Although I see plenly of them out there.

Here is one happy Elmo with a new diaper...


Now for the snaps. As I said in a previous post, I have 3 snap tools from Dritz. Pliers, a 'quick attatcher' thing and the little knob thing that you hit with a hammer. They all suck as far as i'm concerned. So, I needed something to add my snaps to my diapers.

I ended up buying a pair for pliers from KAMsnaps.com. The pliers feel a bit flimsly, but so far i'm pretty impressed. The pliers with a bunch of snaps were about half the price of just a press. A press is what I really wanted, but I just couldn't justify the cost. If I use the pliers a lot, i'll get a press eventually, i'm sure.

3 comments:

pterion said...

Very cute diapers! Elmo looks great in them. I had one of these Dritz snap sets and the little 'anvil' that you put under the snap (don't know what else to call it) broke in half the second time I used it.
Now I use that plastic SnapSource thing that I got at Sewbaby.com. Never used it for diapers though.

goodworks1 said...

How do you like the diapers now that you've had a chance to use them for a bit?

Tina said...

This is probably going to sound so discouraging, BUT I never did get around to using them. I didn't know anything about cloth diapering, so I didn't make too many thinking that I could just expierment after Suzie was born and sew as I go. It just didn't work out that way because I just didn't have time to sew much after she was born. So, maybe witht eh next baby.