Sunday, August 23, 2009

A shift in paradigm.

Let me be the first to admit that I have always been a jeans a tee shirt kind of girl. ALWAYS. I was a tomboy as a kid, and things just went downhill from there. While I do clean up well on the rare occasion, I would prefer to generally look like a bum. Or as my loving husband calls it, 'frumpy'.

I am 33 years old.

When I got pregnant 10 or so months ago, I made myself pretty much all dresses for pregnancy attire. I lived in those dresses for my whole pregnacy. Now that i'm not pregnant, i'm finding that I still want to wear those dresses. Well, not those dresses, because they're maternity dresses, and they are starting to look a little frumpy since i've already lost 25 pounds. But I just want to wear dresses now. How could that be!? Could I possably be leaving behind my comfy jeans for more femine fare?

Don't get me wrong, i still have no desire to put on panty hose and heels (I should point out that I own about 12 pair of heels, altough I never wear them. Strange), but I do want to wear the dresses.
Now I have a reason to make all those great dress patterns i've been hoarding for the last few years for no other reason other than I thought they were pretty.



First up (I think) is going to be a vintage pattern. McCalls 5176. Ain't it sexy? I'm hoping I can get it done by Christmas. I have a new baby, and sewing time seems to be next to nothing. Also, it's at least a size or two too small, so i'll have to venture into the world of altering. Boo!

1 comment:

knitmachinequeen (KMQ) said...

Oh Tina I know you can do it. You'll figure out how to squeeze in some sewing time one way or another.