Saturday, June 18, 2011

What I did at the FNSI

I didn't have a whole lot of time for the FNSI, but what time I did have was actually productive.  First, I finished a little night gown for my littlest DD.  The night gown has been done for the most part for the last month.  Except it was a bit to short, so I needed to add a ruffle.  All I had was tiny scraps of fabric, so the ruffle didn't add much length, but an extra two inches is an extra two inches, I guess.  It took me a month to do that ruffle.  I feel so ashamed.  I used the tee-shirt pattern from Kwik Sews Sewing for Toddlers book. 

The second thing I was able to do was get started on this damn Jalie robe that's been laying around for at least 2 or 3 months.  When I started it, I didn't have enough fabric. So I had to order more from  However, I was having a hard time trying to get a color match.  After three orders, I have given up trying to match the off white fabric that I have.  I'm just going to make the robe, then dye it purple, or something.  Anyway, I was able to get all the edges serged and get the robe half way assembled.  At this point, all it needs is the facing, sleeves and hems, then i'll be all done.  It's probably all of an hours worth of work.  Hopefully it won't take me a month to finish this because having this robe hang over my head is kind of starting to hinder progress for other things. 

So that was how I spent my FNSI time, hope yours was productive as well!

1 comment:

Vicki said...

A very productive FNSI and a very bright night shirt