Friday, January 21, 2011

FNSI post...

I'm going to make my FNSI post now, just in case I can't get to it over the weekend.

I'm making Vogue 1051. Misses slim pants.

One of my biggest sewing 'fears' is welt pockets. Well, this pattern has welts. I have one front done so far, and I gotta say, it doesn't look bad. So ok, it's not great either, but at least it looks like a welt! lol Of course, I also have 3 more to do on this pair of pants too. There is a lot of room for error with 3 more pockets to go!

I would also like to mention that I am going to be using Sandra Betzinas easy, fly front zipper technique for the first time. It's looks far to easy to be true, but it's worth a shot!

3 comments:

Angie said...

Zippers scare me! Great job on working on garment sewing, that is something that I just haven't had enough courage to try!! I look forward to seeing pictures.

Cathy (cdc) said...

I love the look of those pants. I hope to remember them once I got passed just making PJ pants.

Anonymous said...

Oh, different kind of sewing! Hope they turned out great. No zipper or welts can beat a determined woman. Good to tackle just one at a time, though.