Friday, May 1, 2009

The Boho Baugette bag in progress.

Whoo-Hoo! Progress! This is probably one of the more involved projects i've ever done, but the directions are so well written that things seem to be moving along without any problems so far. Good thing Melody from FashionistaFabrics lives down the street from me, and she was able to supply me with the D rings, or that would have been a trip to JoAnns. Which would have hindered my progress. Not good!

First up is a picture of the bottom. I have to say, I am not used to using so many pins. I'm more of a one-two pin kind of girl, but I want to do this right.



Next is attaching the top lining...



Last but not least is where i'm going to finish for the night. I have the straps and D rings and snaps on, and i'm putting on the casing for the drawstrings.



So far, this has been a fairly easy project. Keep in mind that I have been taking careful steps to make sure that I have all my pattern markings and pieces handy (which I don't usually do a very good job of that) I'm meeting with my sewing group tomorrow, so hopefully i'll be able to get more done. At this rate, I might be done by the end of the weekend!

I started a Purse sew along on patternreview, if you're interested.
Purse sew along thread.

No comments: