Friday, January 30, 2009

Arg! Maternity pants.

I am just about 4 months pregnant. So far I've gained all of a half of a pound, so I'm not doing too bad in the weight department (although, I wasn't exactly what I would call 'svelte' before I got pregnant. So not gaining weight so far isn't a problem) While I'm not gaining any weight, I seem to be rapidly getting rounder in the belly area. My pants are getting tighter by the day, and I'm sure I'll be in maternity pants here soon.

So, today I'm in Target. I figure I'll take a look around and see what they have maternity wise. Can you believe they want $30 for a pair of maternity pants? Holy crap! Their regular, non-maternity pants are only $22. It seems like a racket to me.

Good thing I sew and I've got plenty of denim stash laying around. I picked up Kwik Sew 3324 from PatternReview the other day, and I'm going to make a few of these. There is NO WAY I'm paying $30 for a pair of pants that I'm only going to wear for 8 months.

I'll post progress here.

No comments: