Sunday, March 6, 2011

Mini wardrobe storyboard




So, this is my attempt at a story board. I think we can all agree that my storyboard making skills could use a lot of help.

In case you didn't know already, PatternReview.com is have a mini-wardrobe contest. In this contest, you will make 4 coordinating pieces to go with one existing piece. These 5 pieces must combine to make a total of 6 outfits.

This was one big pain in the ass for me. For some reason, it seemed as if I just couldn't get 4 pieces to come together. Yeah, that's right, I have 550 yards of fabric in my stash, and I can't find 4 pieces that go together. Sad, really. When I thought I was almost there, something would go wrong. One pattern I had cut wouldn't fit on my 60 inch wide fabric, even though the pattern was supposed to be cut on the fold! Clearly they didn't test their pattern before sending it to print.

Oh well, this is my attempt, and I'm sticking with it.

Good luck to all those that are participating!

2 comments:

Anna R. said...

Hey_ at least you're finished!
What was your item you want to coordinate with? I understand the 550 yards, I do.

Tina said...

The existing item was from Ottobre 2/2010. It was a short sleeve 'cowl' top. Although, I think there could have been a little more 'cowl'.