Friday, August 20, 2010

Simplicity 3956

So ok, I don't blog for a month, and then you get two in one day. The world must be coming to an end. That, or i'm just a bad blogger. :/

This post happens to be about Simplicity 3956.

I just have to say that I love this top. I've actually made it twice in the last 3 weeks. I might even make it a third time too. The next time I am going to have to lengthen the bottom part by about 2 inches. I just don't quite like where it lands.

Also, here is a tip for you if you don't already know. When you are going to cut silky fabrics, starch the hell out of it. I hung my fabric out on the line and sprayed it with starch until is was wet, then let it dry. It made cutting and sewing silky fabrics so much easier. I recomend Stay-flo starch. It's in a blue bottle (like a bleach bottle). The stuff in a can just doesn't cut it for stuff like this.

I really like this top, and I would defanitly give it a try if you like this style.

3 comments:

SemiCharmedWife said...

I didn't know about the starch! Oh, how I wish I had... it would have made my current project go so much better. Thanks!

knitmachinequeen (KMQ) said...

Those are key-ute! Once you get going, you go full steam. Keep it up.

glorm said...

Those are cute. I see why you wanted to make another one.

I've always been told to put newspapers under the fabric to control it. It supposed to work, but I haven't had the opportunity to try it myself.